Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Blogging Habits

Moe had a bit of writer's block at the end of last week, leading us to create a little space to write down our ideas for when you're stuck and blogging.
As always, Nancy had some really good ideas for ways to help get blogging going:
It seems that the only real prompts are things that we read. Could you post interesting links? Maybe furl a bunch of articles that students could read and comment on in their blogs?

She's right, y'all. I've spoken with Tyr, and he's going to try to put a Furl feed onto that wiki page.
In addition, Nancy has some more advice for when you get stuck as a blogger:

What I have noticed in my own blog is that I blog less when I don't have/take the time to read other blogs. That is what has been going on for the last few weeks. So it isn't the habit of writing in my blog that is concerning me but the habit of reading. I need to make more time for that. When I do, the blogging comes naturally.
Both she and I are working on our "blogging habit," trying to make blogging something that we do regularly. I hope that you, too, will continue to write regularly and thoughtfully after this class is complete. Writing is the key solid thinking. Reading is the key to good writing. It's all about reading, writing and thinking.
You can read more of my writing about my thinking about my blogging habit here, if you'd like.
What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home